Protection of industrial control systems is crucial to the security of our country. The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) has announced a project for which it is seeking comment: Detecting and Protecting Against Data Integrity Attacks in Industrial Control System (ICS) Environments.
The project scope is to assist manufacturing organizations in taking a comprehensive approach to enhancing the security of their industrial control systems by leveraging the following cybersecurity capabilities:
- behavioral anomaly detection
- security incident and event monitoring
- industrial control system application white listing
- malware detection and mitigation
- change control management
- user authentication and authorization
- access control least privilege
- file integrity checking mechanisms
Commenters from the manufacturing sector are urged to submit comments by July 25, 2019.