Last month, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issued a final rule, which creates standards for cybersecurity of the electric grid.
The final rule adopts seven revised critical infrastructure protection Reliability Standards originally proposed in July, 2015.
The revised standard are effective on July 1, 2016 and include:
- Security management controls
- Personnel and training
- Physical Security of BES Cyber Systems
- Systems Security Management
- Recovery Plans for BES Cyber Systems
- Configuration Change Management and vulnerability Assessments
- Information Protection
The Commission also issued a report that contains recommendation for cyber-incident response and recovery.